Thursday 28 June 2012

Colour vs. Line

Though I'm not exceptionally good at it, colouring is my favourite thing to do.

Yeah, drawing is fun and sketching is fun but lining? Bleaugh, sometimes I wish I could skip it. Which I do, actually, and just head straight on to colouring. Lineless art isn't exactly a strong point of mine but I create lines as I go along. Lines are necessary sometimes though when trying to use a more cartoonish style but yes, I find lining such a tedious and un-fun process. Only sometimes when I use non-pen-pressure strokes can I find it interesting. Though, after I line the face, everything else seems too boring. I need to study bodies and torsos more to find more lines!





My style changes so often and so suddenly, though that's how one experiments, right?

I hate that I leave so many things unfinished but I just lose motivation. So, I decided to do a thirty day challenge, starting tomorrow. I'll still upload weekly, not daily (that would just be spammy) so expect some good stuff next week! So, this is just a general update, sorry for the lack of everything. 
Today's song; Obvious - blink-182

No comments:

Post a Comment