Tuesday 18 September 2012

Half a semester down, three big animations to go

So, yeah, university has been pretty hectic up until now. I've finished all of my first assessments for all my subjects, but this isn't going to get any easier. No, between now and the end of semester, I have a short 3D animation, a slightly longer 2D animation, a motion graphics and a drawing portfolio due. I'm in for a pretty busy four weeks but if I can just cram this all together, get my head down and do hard, solid work, I should be just fine.

So, between the start of the semester and now, I've been a pretty good student, aside from the few super late nights doing assignments. I've had two exams, a drawing portfolio, a VLOG and an essay (as well as two proposals and an oral but that doesn't really count) all handed in and it feels good to be free for just a little while. A few days of gaming and catching up on sleep will be good until I need to really pull myself into these next assignments.

So, yes, the first half of semester. I'll upload some stuff!


This is the very rough 'preview' for my motion graphics assignment. I have to create a one and a half to two minute video of a fake movie's opening titles. I chose Atlantis Arising because I'm an uncreative bitch. Also, because the concept is really cool and I've really wanted to do something for this series. 

Now, how about a whole lot of Drawing for Animation .gifs?








And of course, how could I forget life drawing?


 




As for my other classes, I had exams and essays. Practical exams yes, but nothing special enough that I want to show just yet. After the semester is over, I'll be confident enough to show my obviously bad ass 3D, 2D and motion graphics animations. See you all then, I suppose.
Today's song; Finale - Madeon

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Those animations are fantastic! Holy hell, it looks like you've learnt a lot in regards to motion. I also love that life drawing in the first row on the right. I'm a sucker for mixed line colours because it reminds me of what they do for production keyframes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, wow, thank-you. *late reply*

      Yeah, the multi-colour at first was an accident thing but I kept with it for the next few classes. It started because my lead pencils were getting too short, so I just used colour. It kinda just went from there. d:

      Delete
  2. Hey, stumbled upon this while going through my old dA stuff. Awesome to see you're going great things with your art. Did you keep up the music, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, haha, wow!! Mr. Duffield, right?! Wow, it's been a long time! Hello!!

      Not quite with my music, though I do play Double Bass occasionally (weekly, sometimes) with a local Fiddle Group. I did whip out my old instruments the other day and gave them a whirl. Hadn't forgotten anything!

      How's things with you?

      Delete