Monday 23 January 2012

Attempting 'action'


I've never been that great with action shots, especially ones that actually invoke real action, as opposed to basic running, jumping, talking or doing something simple. I gave it a shot tonight and did pretty okay. I actually put a little colouring effort into it then I decided against it for something so small. I was thinking of doing an animation loop of Oakley punching a wall with her armoured arm (one of the coolest parts about her) but I'm terrible enough at one frame of action, let alone ten or twenty.


I did have a lot of fun cutting up her face but you never see much of it with such a small canvas. So, I blew it up again like I did in the previous post.


There's something about zooming into a piece that I love. Whenever I go to art galleries, I always step closer and lean forward over the guard rails so I can see what the artist did and how they did it. People say you can't appreciate art when you can't see the whole thing but I disagree; it's always cooler to see streaks of colour throughout each stroke and appreciate the true detail of an image!

This is probably why I'm not a big fan of cell shading and why I've never really done it that well, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment