Tuesday 7 February 2012

Expanding outwards: part II


So, I gave backgrounds a shot again. This time though, I'm not sure if I'm going to finish this, restart it or just not do anything altogether. The idea was to have this graffiti ravaged background then have a singular guy (Errick is his name) walking towards the far left. Since backgrounds are definitely not my forte, I'm kind of slowly spending time working on this. I might finish it... eventually. My only concern is that the realism of the texture and the poster cross with the cartoonism of everything else might be too much of a clash. But I'll keep trying. The hardest part will probably be getting Errick's walking posture right.

For a fun fact, I'm trying to pull inspiration from this image. Ry-Spirit is one of my favourite artists out there and his style is very unique. I met him at Brisbane Supanova in November last year and bought a poster from him, which he even offered to sign for me. It is now stuck quite proudly on my wall.

If there was anything that I had the most amount of fun on while doing the above image, it has to be the poster. It took me like fifteen minutes, but I really liked it in the end. There was probably more I could add to make it seem more like a band poster, but I kind of wanted to pull off the amateur look since real bands don't put posters up in streets.


Speaking of bands, one of my favourite, Angels & Airwaves are going to Soundwave this month, which I will be sadly missing out on due to my tight-assness and hesitancy. I did get to buy a cool coat and shirt from the Panic! at the Disco store and hopefully, when I can nab some money off my brother, some shirts off the AvA store, as well as LOVE the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment