Friday 9 March 2012

University: Week 1

So I started University on the 27th of last month and so far? It's awesome. I can't believe how great it's going; the classes, the people, the resources, the homework! Doing a Bachelor which majors in Animation, I figured that I'd be doing some drawing and boy, have I been! At the moment, all I've been doing is drawing from life and a 'symbolism' kind of feel from 'Drawing for Design' but everything just tells you to go nuts with creativity. I mean, sure, High School was the same, but you were always limited with how you shared with people, most of the people in my art class only there for the 'easy A'. But now, everyone in the class wants to be there and wants to talk to you. It's a little confusing for me, trying to fit homework in with my days off work (since I seem to be known for my laziness, online and offline) but so far, I've been keeping up.

For my first week of homework in Drawing for Design, we were tasked to 'draw from memory' and then to 'draw from observation'; our phones and a bike. Since I'm crap and any kind of realism, I did kinda bad, but it was better than I thought it would be.







 Then, our next task was to draw 7 hands then put it in an animated gif. I kinda forgot about halfway through that they had to be in sequences, so I just drew a few different positions and nine hands instead of seven.




All I can say is this is some of the best homework I've ever done. Though trying to compile these images neatly was fuck hard. Look forward to week 3; we're doing life drawing with nude models.

Anyways, I'm doing week 2's homework right now. My other classes are barely as exciting as this one; Digital Media (looking at videos and trying to break them down with symbolism and junk), Visual Communication (actually, this one is cool. We have to create a device and create marketing for it) and Animation Methodologies (which is just stop-frame at the moment, but it's getting better!). It's hard to keep up with homework, especially with the remake of Jak & Daxter out. I bought it, I love it and I can't get enough! Expect some kind of review of it in the near or distant future.

Also, I'm almost at 400 pageviews! Thank-you so much, guys!!


Today's song; Kaleidoscope - Blink-182

No comments:

Post a Comment