Wednesday 4 April 2012

University: Week 4

In real time (week 6), we're starting to really get into our subjects with assessment bubbling on the edge. I do four subjects, like I mentioned from Week 1 of my blog; Visual Communication, Digital Media, Animation Methodologies and Drawing for Design (which is what I usually upload sketches from).

Visual Communication, we've created our devices and starting to complete the details. So far, I've got a rough draft copy of my logo and I've got ideas for my advertisement. The device itself is a spray can that, with a pair of sunglasses, create tags on walls and are simultaneously uploaded to the cloud. If anybody has these glasses, they can also view tags and can also paint over your own tags! Very cool right?

The logo thus far.
Could you guess what it
is just from the logo?

Digital Media, we already have done a five minute oral which breaks down either a trailer, a music video or a TV show start up. I originally wanted Daft Punk's Around the World but someone else beat me to it, so I got the trailer to Where the Wild Things Are, which never-the-less was pretty damn cool. I did okay... I think! I did go over the five minutes but so did most of the class! Next assessment is to create a video. What of? Anything was the criteria. I have a mix of ideas but nothing set in stone at the moment. One of them was a travel journal/letters to home using a friend as a guinea pig. I've never been much of a director (mainly in my head) but it sounds like a lot of fun, especially compiling it all together.

Animation Methodologies, we're working towards a one minute stop motion animation which has to have interaction between two characters. I've already chosen mine, those two Bionicles from the .gif in my last blog entry. I have a few story ideas for this too; exploring my room, fighting each other in a wasteland (with other Bionicle parts spewed on the floor and they pick them up and make themselves bigger), building a plane or exploring a post-apocalyptic area.

Drawing for Design, we've just been drawing a whole lot of random stuff. And I'm not even kidding. Shapes, bodies, buildings... yeah. Though, in week 4, we did some more life drawing, so I'll upload it here;




And another sketch from this week! Another of Oakley, who still remains to be my favourite character, and some silly sketches of a few of my friend's characters. I should probably start drawing other things, don't you think?


Next week? Holidays!! Happy Easter, everybody!
Today's song; Time to Say Goodnight - Two Ton Boa

No comments:

Post a Comment