Friday 27 April 2012

University: Week 7

This new blogger layout is kind of freaking me out...

Anyway, real time week 8, I handed in my assignment for Animation Methodologies and I seemed to get some good facial expressions from my tutor when I showed him about 15 seconds, so I'm kind of confident. I've seen some really good ones from my fellow students but that really doesn't put me down at all; I'm more of a "this is how I do things" and "try my hardest" kind of person. And I put a tonne of work into that Animation, so I'm really hoping for the best!

My Visual Communication advertisement and final logo is due next week, which I've kind of completed. There's also an oral, which I really need to get focused on since my oral in week 5 for Digital Media was a bit of a flop. It's alright, I'm not too bothered, I'm gonna bounce back from this. But, focusing on the now, here's what I've got so far for Visual Communication.


As part of the assignment, I do have to take my own photos, so I'll have to go find a brick wall and a police car (which shouldn't be too hard) so the finale will be slightly different, but you get the idea*. The hardest part was probably photoshopping the squares out of Brad's shirt since police officers wear plain blue and he had a white pattered. Took a good few hours but at least I know the rest to complete this will only take a short time. I do have to get it and the logo professionally printed so it definitely has to be done before the weekend.

Drawing for Design! We had more life drawing and our first male! It was... not very exciting. Unfortunately, the guy wasn't very helpful when our tutor said "pretend you're attacking a bee or something" because he did three or four poses of him cowering him in pain, which most people don't do. I'm more of a 'furiously waving arms around while running' person unless he's deathly allergic to bees. Maybe then I'll forgive him. Anyway! Moving on!

For that week, we had to draw an 8 panel story board. This is my perception of a guy fighting a bug!


 As for sketches and junk, I'll upload some of my favourite drawings from this week's life drawing (female this time) and some roleplay character sketches.



*I wrote this a few days ago, and now I've completed the advertisement and the logo! Take a look!



By the way, Supanova was awesome! Tedious trip down, but awesome. I spent a lot of money, regretted it but, y'know. WHATEVER! Next week? More naked people! And typography!

Today's song; Moving Pictures, Silent Films - Great Lake Swimmers

No comments:

Post a Comment